On June 30, 2017, the Landlord Liaison Project will end operation in its current form. We would like to recognize and thank the YWCA and all of the staff who have made the Landlord Liaison Project a success, creating a network of dedicated landlords, strengthening connections with community providers, and housing thousands of individuals around the county.
King County, United Way of King County, and the City of Seattle are committed to continuing and building upon this success. An interim plan will be in place by June to ensure existing LLP partner landlords are supported. The LLP’s most critical function – helping people experiencing homelessness access housing – will be sustained into the future.
YWCA LLP Services in 2017
Applications for Housing Search assistance for tenants will be accepted through May 1, 2017. The YWCA will continue to provide the following services through June 30, 2017:
- Housing placement services for existing referrals from programs providing client support services for clients enrolled by May 1.
- Review and processing of landlord risk reduction claims, and crisis intervention assistance to partner landlords.
- Limited client assistance.
The Future of the Landlord Liaison Project
King County, the City of Seattle, All Home, and United Way of King County are developing a process to:
- Provide LLP partner landlords with risk reduction funds for eligible tenants after July 1, 2017.
- Provide eligible LLP tenants with assistance after July 1, 2017.
- Create a new program to connect and support property owners and tenants.
We will be holding two meetings for property owners in May 2017 to inform the design of the new program. If you are a property owner interested in participating, please contact Robin Koskey at email@example.com or 206-684-0312.
Thank you for your patience as we work to develop a new program to connect people experiencing homelessness with property owners. We will update this website and contact and update partner property owners, service providers, and tenants as we have additional information.
We will be holding two meetings for property owners in May 2017 to inform the design a new program to connect tenants and property owners. If you are a property owner interested in participating, please fill out this form or contact Robin Koskey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-684-0312 for more information.